Saturday, September 10, 2011

9/11, 10 years later

September 11, 2001, will forever be remembered by those who were alive to witness the events unfold. It'll be one of those moments where any two strangers can meet on the street and have a lengthy conversation discussing where they were that morning, what they had planned for the day, and what they were thinking as they watched the events occur.

Personally, I was only in 5th grade. 10 years old at the time I remember the day vividly, but thinking back on it, I wasn't exactly sure what was going on while everything was happening. I remember I was getting ready for school in the morning when my mom was sitting watching the news quietly. I remember seeing the photos and videos of planes crashing into the towers. The smoke, the terror, the unknown. When I got to school I remember everyone talking about what they'd seen on television. However, we were a bunch of elementary school kids and we couldn't exactly grasp the nature of the events.

After 10 years of looking back on that tragic day and remembering those who were lost, one can't help to think but how brave the men and women were who helped save as many lives as possible in our country's greatest time of need. The 9/11 memorial is on my list of things to see before I die. To honor those men and women who lost their lives.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and victim's families.

No comments:

Post a Comment