Friday, December 17, 2010

Winter Vacation!!

I am currently on vacation with my girlfriend, visiting her family. Her family lives in Illinois, some just across the Mississippi River from St. Louis, and others about an hour southeast of Springfield. The downside to the trip thus far is, without a doubt, the cold. The first day here it was about 16 degrees but it's warmed up a bit lately to the 20s. On the other hand, I can deal with the cold for the food. So far on this trip we've eaten out almost every meal, at a different restaurant everytime. I swear I'm going to be 15 pounds heavier when I get home. I plan on writing a separate post for each of my favorite restaurants and meals once I arrive back home. For dinner tonight is probably the best food I've had in Illinois. I had it last time we came here, and cannot wait to have it again. The place is called Darcys Pub and the amazing meal is the horseshoe. I'm not sure exactly which one, but it is heaven on a platter. I'm tempted to open a restaurant in Vegas serving a variety of horseshoes because currently we have nothing of the like, and it would definitely be a hit. More to come on my many eating adventures. Stay posted and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment