Saturday, July 7, 2012

YouTube MONEY!

With computers everywhere these days and cameras on every phone, it's no wonder YouTube has been such a success. Add in social networking sites which allow you to "Share" videos you like and show them to your friends and you have a place where you can get lost for HOURS. Most of us are probably guilty of logging onto YouTube every once in a while and searching around, watching videos, and the next thing you know your entire day is gone! It's a common thing these days. Advertisers have realized this and now most videos you watch on YouTube are started with an ad from some company or political campaign. But you can't fault the advertising companies, they're simply doing their job. This new wave of internet video popularity however, has spawned a new wave of "celebrities." People make good money if they can get enough views on their YouTube videos, because advertising companies are willing to pay big bucks if you have massive traffic on your videos daily. Some of my personal favorites include Epic Meal Time, FPS Russia, and Husky Starcraft. With millions of views on their videos they're getting paid a decent amount of money. I'm not sure on the exact numbers per views, but I know it's enough for people to do that as their job! Recently it has caught my attention (as I watch videos on YouTube and wish I could make money doing it) and I've seriously considered trying to create videos to capture an audience and get them to "Subscribe" to my channel and watch my videos. In the process of thinking about topics to make videos about or things I could do, I'm drawing blanks. I think I have a good enough personality to make my own videos but I don't want to be someone who rambles on about the first things that come to mind. I'd prefer a channel that had a specific genre or topic, if you will. Maybe I'll come up with an idea soon....but for now I'm stuck blogging and hoping people will read it so I can make money that way! Any ideas? Let me know in the comments and maybe I'll start something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment