Friday, January 11, 2013

Quotes and a Funny Story!

Just a few of my favorite fun/motivational/random quotes I've come across. Enjoy!

"Sleep is a symptom of caffeine deprivation."

"Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional."

"Don't say something permanently hurtful, just because you're temporarily upset."

"Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it."

"Nothing can stop the man who has the right attitude, nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude."

"Having a dream you don't pursue is like buying an ice-cream cone and watching it melt all over your hand."

And finally, a quote that is slowly ringing true today with the way things are being ran (into the ground).

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln.

This last quote reminds me of a story I read. Bruce L. Hargraves (USN Retired) wrote into the Opinions section of his local Wyoming newspaper and his letter read as follows:

"To the Editor: I object and take exception to everyone saying that Obama and Congress are spending money like a drunken sailor. As a former drunken sailor, I quit when I ran out of money."

No comments:

Post a Comment